Wednesday 28 March 2012

Italian Chicken

Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts
2 pkgs dry zesty Italian Dressing  (See recipe below!)
2 blocks of softened cream cheese
2-4 cans of cream of chicken soup  (depending how creamy you want it)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients....EXCEPT for the chicken.  :)    Put sauce mixture in freezer bag, and add in chicken breasts.  (You will need 2 freezer bags!)    Thaw when needed & place in slow cooker for 6 hours on low.  Serve with your favourite dish!

Zesty Dry Italian Dressing Mix
1T garlic salt
1T onion powder
1T white sugar
2T dried oregano
1t ground black pepper
1/4t dried thyme
1t dried basil
1T dried parsley
1/4t celery salt
1T salt   (The original recipe calls for 2T...but we found it wayyyy too salty....and we LOVE salt!)  :)

**  Remember, you will need to double the dressing mix!   This was a huge hit!  Hope you enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey ladies, So, does this actually make two meals of 4 breasts each? If you are using the 8 breasts, do you make the sauce recipe twice and put 4 breasts in each bag? I'm just a little confused (so what's new?). It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! I live in constant confusion! :) The sauce recipe is already doubled, so you would make it as is, and put half of the sauce & 4 chicken breasts in each bag. Does that help clarify? I'm not always the greatest at explaining things... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe ladies! Tried it the other day (and given my family of six I used the double recipe as one meal). I found there was lots and lots of sauce, very rich and creamy. I did not use the garlic salt or additional salt -- I used fresh garlic instead and simply left out the other salt. I think next time I would reduce the oregano a bit... I see now why it is called Italian chicken because it has a very big oregano presence. I think I could probably get away with one block of cream cheese, not two in doubling the recipe too. Thanks and cannot wait to see the new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! It was a hit at my house!!! And thanks for sharing the alterations you have made / will make! We can all learn from each other!!! :)

      Delete